Re: [GPSL] GPSL-2005 during UNO workshop

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
      The "free" part is not definite, but I'd say it's 98% there.
      Especially if he can tie it to the teachers' workshop. It may
      not be as nice as the room at Hutch where we had WiFi and wired
      Internet. But we should have computer, DVD, and VHS on a
      projector.

      We may have non-free expenses like coffee and so forth. But I
      believe there are well-stocked vending machines nearby.

      Since the workshop is now over I should be able to get with Mike
      Larson to work out the details for next year. More as I get them
      from him.

      - Mark

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
        > I spoke with Mike Larson of UNO after last week's NSTAR BalloonSat launch.
        > He's excited about the possibility of having the Super Launch during the UNO
        > aerospace teachers' workshop in 2005. This would be a non-4th weekend
        > though, probably 22/23 July (Fri/Sat). He also believes he could work our
        > Friday presentations into his lesson plans.
        >
        > 73 de Mark N9XTN
        >
        > I vote for GPSL-2005 on/with UNO workshop weekend assuming Mike Larson's
        > excitement includes arrangements for a free well-equipped meeting
        > oom. -w0rpk

        I second. Is there a state contract for helium that we might be able to take
        advantage of?