RE new file, internal pressure = 0.01 psi (?)

  • Mark Caviezel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1 6:31 PM
      Jerry,
      I took a look at your spreadsheet.
      Can you explain the 0.01 psid internal pressure? Seems high by more than an order of magnatude at launch, at least the way I analyze balloon pressures and stresses.

      - Mark ng0x
    • Jerry Gable
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 7:19 PM
        It's really a SWAG but I'm not sure it is that far off.   A 10 meter altitude change is about 0.01PSI.  In normal breathing the pressure in your lungs is changes +- 0.06psi.

        And in reality I don't expect the delta pressure to be that high until you are close to the burst point of the balloon.  Until I can find some better numbers on what the curve looks like as you approach burst I didn't want to guess on the shape of that curve.