Re: [GPSL] 20 years from Now

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 9:34 PM
      On 7/31/2010 9:56 PM, L. Paul Verhage wrote:
      Also, a tethered balloon is more useful than a free floater. I can
      foresee large platforms tethered with carbon nanotube cables.

      How would you tether one in 100 MPh winds?

      Just something that seems terribly hard to do when i know what o a
      tethered one does in only 25MPh winds.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2010
        I rather doubt that tethered near space balloons will emerge until
        after teleportation displaces air travel. Until then, they'd serve
        more as the barrage balloons deployed for air defense in WW I & II.
        73 de Mike W5VSI