Helium

  • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 18, 2002
      If we order six tanks of helium for GPSL, I can get them at $45
      each. I'll need 1.5 tanks, Mark asked for 1, and I've had a request
      for another tank.

      Please let me know if you need helium. I need to order two more
      tanks to get the lower price.

      Who can help me move tanks to the launch site?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 18, 2002
        Did you get our tank?

        Zack Clobes, W0ZC

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 18, 2002
          Hi Paul,

          Did you include the tank for my balloon in your order list..(just in case
          you didn't see my former email asking for a tank)?

          - Bill WB8ELK
        • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2002
            I have you down for a tank.

            Paul

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2002
              I have you down for a tank.

              Paul

              > Did you get our tank?
              >
              > Zack Clobes, W0ZC
              > Project: Traveler

            • Joy
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30, 2013
                From Megavote:

                Federal Helium Sales – Suspension Vote - Vote Passed (394-1, 37 Not Voting)

                In its final action of the week, the House passed a bill creating a framework for winding down operation of the Federal Helium Reserve. Under current law, the Reserve is mandated to cease commercial helium sales once it pays off its debt, which is expected to occur by October 2013. According to the House Natural Resources committee, the scheduled closure would cut domestic helium supplies in half. H.R. 527 would keep the reserve open with new operating instructions until its capacity is 3 billion cubic feet (down from 10 billion cubic feet at present), at which time commercial sales will no longer be authorized and remaining supplies will only be available for national security and scientific needs. Neither the administration nor Senate leaders have staked out positions on the measure.

                Joy Lemmons KB0YUP
              • Alan Adamson
                Message 7 of 8 , May 14, 2014
                  If I want to get a small tank of helium from AirGas for pico balloons,
                  what type/grade/etc do I want to get?

                  Alan
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 14, 2014
                    Alan,

                    At Matheson, I've had good luck with their "balloon grade" product.  I believe it was EOSS that reported a bad experience with "balloon grade" helium from their supplier.  In any case, if you do get balloon grade, make sure it's at least 90-some percent helium.

                    Getting .9999 or better purity is unnecessary and probably way too expensive.

                    73 de Mark N9XTN

                        GPSL-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        GPSL-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com