Re: [GPSL] NSS-50 Flight Summary Video.

  • Keith Kaiser
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2010
      Joe

      On the announcements page (http://www.arhab.org/ARHABlaunchannouncements.html) I show your last flight as NS-48 did I get that wrong? Should that have been NS-50? All of the flight records are kept for posterity and I want to correct if it's wrong.

      Congrats on a successful flight!

      On May 31, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Joe wrote:

      Afternoon All,

      Well, NSS-50 is in the Bag.

      It was pretty interesting, we still again learned some new stuff. Even
      after 50 flights still keep learning new stuff.

      One thing we learned this flight is the upper winds are weird! Sometimes!

      We flew our usual stable flight train for a Video flight. long flight
      train and stabilization arms.

      All performed as usual. at low altitudes. but once it got like above
      80K it was really strange. The payload was like making a large cone
      circle. sometimes as large as like 45 degrees! Then other times is was
      a side to side swing also to these extremes.

      While this was interesting, what i found interesting was the amount of
      time it would stay at the extremes! like if the whole flight train is
      tilted to a 45 deg angle, and how long it stayed that way weird.

      enjoy!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAr7F1w-aE

      Joe WB9SBD
      Near Space Sciences KB9KHO

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2010
        No you were right,  We just didn't announce the last two flights.

        NSS-49  was testing another GPS.  So no big Deal,  and NSS-50,  yeah we should have done something press wise.  Just never got around to it,  sorry<

        Joe WB9SBD
        Sig
        The Original Rolling Ball Clock
        Idle Tyme