Press Release

  • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2004
      A day late and a dollar short, but here's the press release.

      Please feel free to recommend changes.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 26, 2004
        Hi Paul,

        Looks great.

        Suggest that you add the locations and times for the
        Friday conference and the Saturday superlaunch.

        73 de Mike W5VSI

        paul.verhage@... wrote:

        > A day late and a dollar short, but here's the press release.
        >
        > Please feel free to recommend changes.

        > The following section of this message contains a file attachment
        > prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
        > If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,
        > you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
        > If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

        Einstein
      • Ralph Wallio, W0RPK
        Message 3 of 5 , May 27, 2004
          My 2.75-cents (energy costs are increasing rapidly):

          Every high altitude balloon program and mission that I have heard of has
          used Amateur Radio links for TT&C (Tracking, Telemetry and Command). A very
          high percentage of individuals involved in high altitude ballooning are
          active in other aspects of Amateur Radio. Some of us have been active in
          several aspects of Amateur Radio for many decades.

          Based on these arguments and my personal twist I suggest we call this stuff,
          "Amateur Radio High Altitude Ballooning". Paul likes the phrase, "amateur
          near space", which could be changed to, "Amateur Radio Near Space".

          "Amateur Radio" should be capitalized.

          "An amateur radio license is not required to participate." could be changed
          to, "An Amateur Radio license is not required to participate but Amateur
          Radio links are used for all tracking, telemetry and command links and
          payload recovery coordination.

          TNX es 73 de Ralph Wallio, W0RPK
          wallio@...
          http://users.crosspaths.net/wallio/
          Hubbert's Peak - The Mother of all Perfect Storms
        • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
          Message 4 of 5 , May 27, 2004
            Okay, I made Mike's and Ralph's recommended changes. Because of the changes,
            I combined two paragraphs.

            I'm attaching the new press release. Please discard the previous one.

            Again, please look for errors or make suggestions to tighten up the release or make it
            more clear.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 27, 2004
              It looks good to me. I added my contact information and also the
              specific building that we will be in at the Juco.

              It's on the website and I will be distributing it to the local
              newspaper. I assume that we also want to send it to the TV stations in
              Wichita? Thoughts?

              Zack