Re: [GPSL] Don't Open Ralph's Email

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23, 2004
      Hi Ralph,

      You got spooffed. The sender was your email address rather than
      your more familiar "Ralph Wallio, W0RPK" email moniker. And the
      Subject line was also atypical: "Re: Re: Message".

      I got a spoofed spam from "myself" once, pushing a porn site, of all
      things! I was so incenced that I set my son the warpath to launch
      a DoS attack on the server that sent it. No more such nonsense
      in last 2 years. The key to controlling spam lies with the servers'
      acting to stop it - but until they all quit taking kickbacks, it'll
      keep on coming.

      73 de Mike W5VSI

      "Ralph Wallio, W0RPK" wrote:

      > What ever it is did not start here. My system is virus protected and my
      > incoming email is scanned for viruses by a service bureau before delivery.
      > The only message I have recently sent to GPSL was about DCC/Des Moines and
      > was also sent to KNSP and Midwest APRS lists. I received three copies of
      > this message via the service bureau certified as virus-free.
      >
      > Does your Boise Schools network scan for viruses?
      >
      > - w0rpk

      Einstein