GPSL Update

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
      The GPSL plans are starting to come together.  Hopefully the website will be updated in the next couple of days, but there is one matter I'd like to bring to your attention.  Apparently, someone decided to plan a softball tournament on "our" weekend in Hutch, and consequently, the hotels are filling up very quickly.  I had hoped to find an "official" hotel for us all, but I'm afraid that may not be practical under the circumstances.

      So, if you plan on attending, and haven't already made arrangements, please do so SOON.

      Some hotel information:
      Hampton Inn - FULL
      Holiday Inn Express (620-669-5200) - About 10 rooms available
      Day's Inn (620-665-3700) - About 18 rooms available, but are mostly smoking rooms.
      Grand Prairie (620-669-9311) - Fair availability, depending on the exact nights you want to stay.
      There are plenty of others, these just happen to be ones that I'm vaguely familiar with.

      A quick note about the Grand Prairie: It tends to be a bit more pricey, and I know that some weren't that impressed with the room and the pool-side noise last time.  I got to visit some family at the GP a few weeks ago.  They were staying in a room on the north end of the hotel, away from the pool.  The room seemed nice and clean, and it was well away from the pool noise...

      Zack Clobes, W0ZC
      Project: Traveler
    • Keith Kaiser
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
        Zack,

        1) What do you want me to update on the web page?

        2) Would you like to show the BLAST! movie again, like last year?

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2010
          Hello GPSL'ers...

          Keith has the GPSL site updated with the schedule of events, including the various presentations on Friday.  I think that I accommodated everyone's time request that they submitted originally, but if these times don't work, please contact me ASAP.

          Like I said before, the hotels are filling up quickly, so please make your reservations NOW!  :-)

          Finally, I have some rough prices on helium.  These are rough, include delivery charges, and the salesman expected that they very well could drop by summer.  Once we get a little closer and have a firm price, I will get an online order form ready.

          Helium Prices (including delivery charges):
          K-Tank - $75 + tax
          T-Tank - $88 + tax

          I almost have the launch sites narrowed down, and hope to announce those this week.  Any questions, comments, or concerns about GPSL 2010?

          Zack Clobes, W0ZC
          Project: Traveler