GPSL 2010 lodging

  • BASE
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
      Dear all,

      Does anyone have a recommendation for lodging for GPSL 2010 in Hutchinson?

      I look forward to seeing you all again.

      Howard
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
        I'd recommend AGAINST the Holiday Inn. Worst room I've ever had - even
        worse than Motel 6's.
        73 de Mike W5VSI

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
          I suppose I need to get some information updated on the website...

          We will be meeting at the Cosmosphere, and there aren't any hotels in the immediate vicinity.  The Days Inn got good reviews on Google, and is fairly close.  The Holiday Inn and Grand Prairie are also in the same basic spot.  The Grand Prarie has a neat in-door swimming pool that would be good for kids, but the people that have stayed there have given it less-than rave reviews (noise, older-style rooms, expensive, etc).

          The Hampton Inn Hutchinson also got good reviews, and I believe is the newest hotel in town.  Note, Google Maps shows it on Main Street, but it's actually at 11th and K-61, right next to an Office Max.

          Sorry I can't be more specific - I just live here.  I don't use the hotels.. ;-)

          Zack

          PS Mike, wasn't it the Grand Prairie that you disliked so much?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2010
            As I recall, we stayed at the Comfort Inn on 17th Ave in 2004 and the hotel was fine.  Can't believe it's been almost six years since I went to that GPSL (I missed 2006 due to a funeral).

            73 de Mark N9XTN

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2010
              This is the 10th GPSL.  Should we celebrate?

              Who would have thought that having Weatherwise magazine ask about covering a near space launch would have lead to this?

              Paul