Status of Book and Column

  • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Parallax is planning to make my book a free download. Since I have finished writing
      it, I believe it will be available this summer.

      My monthly column in Nuts and Volts magazine will expand on the content in my
      book. I also want it to introduce readers to what is currently happening in the world
      of near space, both amateur and professional.

      On an irregular basis, I'd like to include an introduction to each currently active
      balloon group. I'd like each introduction to about 1/2 a page long. For every group
      written up in the introductions, I'll pay $50 to the group. If your group would like to be
      included, I need the following.

      Name
      When formed (a mini history would be good)
      Location of launches (the region will be fine)
      Type of instruments typically flown
      Funniest incident
      Greatest sucess
      Point of contact
      Photograph of the crew.

      Use about 1/2 page of text in MS Word
      You can send a photo and I'll ask to have it scanned. If it's already scanned, it has to
      be high resolution. But I'd rather just send the photo in and let N&V scan it.

      Thanks,
      Paul

      PS, if there's topics you'd like to see covered, let me know. I'll email a list of topics I
      plan to cover