Re: Homemade airship prang closes highway in Oklahoma • The Register

  • HarryM
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 24, 2009

      >A friend of yours, Harry? Lawnchair Larry 2.0!

      href="http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/23/airship_prang_oklahoma/">http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/23/airship_prang_oklahoma/
      Nope! Never heard of him.

      BTW

      MERRY CHRISTMAS
      We had a blizzard today.
    • Idle-Tyme
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 25, 2009
        Doesn't any newspaper have a proof reader anymore?  Or at least spell check?  Prang?
          What is a "Prang?"

        Maybe "Prank" yes,, but Prang  geech!

        Joe WB9SBD
        Idle-Tyme
        The Original Rolling Ball Clock
        http://www.idle-tyme.com

        HarryM wrote:

        >A friend of yours, Harry? Lawnchair Larry 2.0!
        >
        > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/23/airship_prang_oklahoma/
        Nope! Never heard of him.

        BTW

        MERRY CHRISTMAS
        We had a blizzard today.

      • Pete Lilja
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 25, 2009
          A prang is a crash of an airship of some (any) type.

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 25, 2009
            wow I have never ever heard that word before.  My spellckeck even flagged it as a non word and had no suggestions for replacement.  I went to an online dictionary ane they gave,,

            prang

            –verb (used with object) British Slang.
            1.to collide with; bump into.
            2.to destroy or severely damage by a bombing raid; bomb (an enemy target).
            3.to destroy or shoot down (an enemy aircraft).
            Interesting,

            I slid off the road and pranged into a tree.

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 25, 2009
              Hmm, I guess any type of crash.

              It's a common term used amongst high power rocket fliers after a, ah, mishap.

              Pete
              kc0gpb

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 25, 2009
                Hi HArry,

                Back at'cha, and hope Santy was generous to you and yours last night,
                despite the blizzard.

                73 all!
                de Mike W5VSI

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 25, 2009
                  Hi Joe,

                  "prang" is Brit slang for "crash" - look it up in Funkin Wagnall's ...

                  "America and England are two nations separated by a common language"
                  W. Churchill(?)

                  73 es MX de Mike W5VSI

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 25, 2009
                      Hi Joe....it's British slang for an accident or near-accident.