Re: [GPSL] GPSL Flights

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2004
      Hi Zack,

      During a recent telcon with Chris Koelhler, who coordinates the
      Colo Space Grant Upward Bound program, liablity and logistics issues
      will prevent the Upward Bound students from making it to Hutchinson
      to fly with TVNSP and EOSS. Thanks to those who offered and considered
      letting their payloads tag along on their flight strings.

      I'm still solictiing suggestions from the EOSS membership re the
      EOSS payload complement for GPSL.

      We could bring out the crossband repeater again, but during GPSL 2002,
      we got zapped by KS Skywarn for hitting their "private" 147.555 simplex
      net freq - that module is rockbound on that freq so I'm not inclined to
      re-xtal it to another possibly "private" freq. Is .555 in use in the
      Wichita area?

      And from the web site, I see that several other groups are planning
      on flying 70cm ATV, so that band is looking pretty full already. We
      could bring out the de-spun ATV for show and tell, but won't fly it
      unless 426.25 is going unused. By that time, however, I hope to have
      a command rcvr installed to let us QRT the xmtr - time will tell.

      Another option is a simplex repeater on 70 cm or 2m.

      As a minimum, we'll have the KPC-3+ APRS module on 144.34 plus a
      DF beacon / cutdown cmd rcvr on another open 2m or 70 cm freq.

      With this many payloads aloft from the same site at the same time,
      frequency and time slotting coordination becomes a fairly important
      hair-pulling exercise, Zack.

      Zack Clobes wrote:

      > Okay, I think I have everyone listed on the website who has indicated
      > that they will be showing up. Is there anyone who I've missed?
      >
      > Those of you who are listed as flying a balloon, please review your
      > information at
      > http://www.rckara.org/project_traveler/gpsl/scheduled_flights.asp and
      > try to fill in any gaps that I've left in your information.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Zack

      Einstein