DARPA issues balloon-hunting $40k ' Network Challenge' • The Register

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2009
      More on DARPAs pibal hunt on 5 Dec from our pals in Olde Blighty:

      http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/30/darpa_network_challenge/

    • mw@omsrc.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2009
        Headline news: "Balloon Boy strikes again as he spoils the DARPA
        experiment by seeding red balloons all over the US marked for his
        Dynamic Altitude Radio Position Announcer (DARPA) experiment." Balloon
        Boy was later identified as Al Gore who made the statement "But -I-
        invented the Internet!"

        --Michael