NearSys 09F

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2009
      We recovered the flight, but ti flew about 20 miles farther than we predicted.  The GFS model was predicting winds below 100 mph yesterday (as I recall), but we got into a 111 mph jet.

      Add to that, that there was a race at the Kansas Speed Way and a KSU game near KC.  The last two miles of the turnpike was at a crawl.  It's awful to watch your near spacecraft make distance on you.

      I saw too many dropped packets on the MT-300 based trackers.  I need to look into their datasheets.  I want to make sure there isn't something in their design that I'm not taking into account.