Re: [GPSL] Li ion Batteries

    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 21 1:13 PM
      Hi Paul,

      Bill K0UT tells me that Li ion batts don't share the low-temp tolerance
      of LiSO2 cells. And in fact, they may be less tolerant of cold than
      NiMH.

      If you get some, could you do some cold-soak capacity tests? I'd sure
      like to get away from the tedious task of replacing payload batts for
      every flight and adding to what has become a rather large mound of
      used LiSO2 cells!

      73 de Mike W5VSI

      paul.verhage@... wrote:

      > All Electronics is selling 1200 mah li ion batteries for cell phones for $6.50. the
      > recharger is $4.50. I was able to solder wires to the battery and wrap in it heat
      > shrink. I also shorted the two metal spring plates inside the recharger and soldered
      > wires to them. This way I could terminate the battery in a connector for my near
      > spacecraft and still recharge them.
      >
      > Li ion are nice because they don't suffer from memory effect and can handle low
      > temps.

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Einstein
    • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 13, 2004
        Rick, I'll also need your address for the Nuts and Volts subscription.