Successful balloon launch in NC

  • rkrasowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
      I launched balloon on Saturday 4Th of April from Yadkinville, NC. Balloon reached altitude of 97,700ft. Paylod consisted of camera, taking pictures horizontaly and vertically, temperature and humdity sensor for recording inside and outside of gondola, tracker on 2m.
      More info, pictures and data : www.anchorsat.com/balloon.html
      Robert KB2PNM
      Thanks for Your help !!!
    • Roger Hammond
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
        Robert,

        Congratulations on a successful launch and recovery!
        Looks like you had some fun and got some great pictures.

        Roger KCØMWM

        On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 8:02 PM, rkrasowski <rkrasowski@...> wrote:
        I launched balloon on Saturday 4Th of April from Yadkinville, NC. Balloon reached altitude of 97,700ft. Paylod consisted of camera, taking pictures horizontaly and vertically, temperature and humdity sensor for recording inside and outside of gondola, tracker on 2m.
        More info, pictures and data : www.anchorsat.com/balloon.html
        Robert KB2PNM
        Thanks for Your help !!!

           mailto:GPSL-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:GPSL-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Robert Krasowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
          What was great that I was able to see balloon on landing, We were in the great spot and that thing flew just above us and .....landed in small, less than 1 ac. pond - what a luck !!!
          That was good and bed, gondola opened, there was a little water inside, USB stick got wet, but after drying it is working great and I did not loose any data. Good of this landing - it was soft - water. Funny  I had to borrow small boat from owner of the pond to retrieve by balloon.
          That was really something
          Thanks for help
          Robert
          KB2PNM