How much Helium do I need?

  • rkrasowski
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2009
      Just a simple question. How much helium do I need to get positive 7-8 pounds for 1500gm balloon?? which tank to rent?

      Will try to launch 4th of April at 10-11AM EST from WIlkesboro, NC. Beacon will be at 144.430MHz, call sign KB2PNM-7
      Robert
      KB2PNM
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2009
        The LiftWin program by Hank N1LTV is what most of us use for this purpose:
        http://www.geocities.com/n1ltv/newliftwin.htm

        Most likely you'll want a T cylinder and won't use all of it. You may
        need all of, or more than, the cubic footage in a K cylinder, but use
        LiftWin to see how close you are.

        73 de Mark N9XTN