Re: [GPSL] Cell Phone?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 9, 2003
      Hi Paul,

      I'll have mine at the launch site only: 303-885-5751. Might wanna get
      Marty's if you need help in the field launch day. Do bring a radio
      that can work the T&R 70 cm repeater.

      73 de Mike W5VSI

      paul.verhage@... wrote:

      > Mike, can I get a cell phone number for someone at GPSL? I'll
      > bring a cell phone with me and would like to know where to call if I
      > run into a problem.
      >
      > Thanks,

      Einstein
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 17, 2003
        Hi Mark,

        As you probably know by now, the only GPSL digi-capable TNC on 144.34
        was W5VSI-11, and we stalled out at 47K' and had to cut down early.
        However, you might have heard any of these other beacons, all of
        which hit 90k'+: KD7MFJ-11 (Mt. State), KD4STH-11, -9 or KD7HGS-11
        (TVNSP) also time-slotted on 144.34.

        EBBE remains vexingly elusive!

        73 de Mike W5VSI

        Mark Conner wrote:

        > NSTAR will have a digipeater on 144.34 with alias NSTAR. If any
        > of the Colorado balloons flying a 144.34 MHz APRS payload would
        > like to attempt a digipeat through us, let me know. This won't
        > be a 2-way QSO record, but simply to see if data can be passed
        > from one balloon to another over a distance of a few hundred
        > miles.
        >
        > We have a somewhat peculiar wind profile forecast for next
        > Saturday. The NSTAR forecast track is to the northwest about 15
        > miles, which is OK for us but not by much.
        >
        > 73 de Mark N9XTN

        Einstein
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 17, 2003
          Mike,

          I don't think any of the other payloads were set to digipeat via
          NSTAR. I checked the MHEARD log and the only callsign heard
          other than those on the chase was W0RPK. I went through two log
          captures on 144.34 (W0RPK and my home station) and nothing that
          way either.

          We only got to 81,000 ft, which was a ways short for a 1200g
          Kaysam.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 18, 2003
            Hi Mark,

            A couple of time during the flight, I connected to BALNOD, the
            K-node on W5VSI-11, and did a JHeard list - just locals and other
            GPSL balloons. Murphy appears to have a strong hand in this EBBE
            business!

            Try us again on 12 July and 2 Aug -- we will have at least 2 balloons
            up on each of those flights, and one will be carrying the W5VSI-11 TNC.

            73 de Mike W5VSI

            Mark Conner wrote:

            > Mike,
            >
            > I don't think any of the other payloads were set to digipeat via
            > NSTAR. I checked the MHEARD log and the only callsign heard
            > other than those on the chase was W0RPK. I went through two log
            > captures on 144.34 (W0RPK and my home station) and nothing that
            > way either.
            >
            > We only got to 81,000 ft, which was a ways short for a 1200g
            > Kaysam.
            >
            > 73 de Mark N9XTN

            Einstein