GPSL 2009

    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 26, 2008
      It looks like GPSL 2009 will take place in Topeka.  I was offered a job at the Kaw Area Technical School, a post secondary technical school.  I'll be teaching electronics while attending evening classes at KU for my doctorate.  I'll post more information as I figure out the details.

    • Rick von Glahn
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 23, 2009
        If this is a 64 vs 32 bit problem, Win7 Pro and enterprise and Ultimate will
        be equipped with a Windows Xp compatability mode that creates a full XP OS
        in a virtual machine. I haven't checked out if this is available to RC
        copies but, I believe the RC is an Ultimate copy so, ...

        First check this page and download and run Securable unless you are
        ABSOLUTELY sure your processor has hardware virtualization capability. There
        are a surprising number of current chips that do NOT.

        http://www.grc.com/securable.htm

        Then, assuming your CPU is VM capable, go here:

        http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

        and download the XP Mode VM to install into Win7.

        Probablilty of Liftwin running in this environment ... SWAG 99.9%. But a VM
        is going to appear to Liftwin as a 32 bit OS.

        Actually, I don't do this cause I'm coming from it from the other direction.
        I have a Mac and virtualize all my Windows machines. So, I'm not going to
        run a virtual Win7 and they try and run a 2 deep virtual machine inside Win7
        to run XP Mode. Actually, wouldn't work since the virtualized Win7 is
        running on a "virtual" chip. Or at least I think that is how things would
        look to a 2 deep VM manager. So, ... good luck. But, should work ok.

        73 -- Rick, N0KKZ