Fw: [HABET] Our next HABET Mission

  • Ralph Wallio, W0RPK
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2008
      From: "Matthew Nelson" <mnelson@...>
      Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 11:11
      Subject: [HABET] Our next HABET Mission

      A new space race has begun...

      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1091896/Out-world-British-teddy-bears-strapped-giant-weather-balloon-pictured-edge-space.html
      *

      *I have a linux penguin on my desk, I think we need to send the first
      penguin up into space next :)
      --
      Matthew E. Nelson - KB0MGQ
      Chief Design and Operations Engineer

      Space Systems and Controls Lab (SSCL)
      Aerospace Engineering
      Iowa State University
      2348 Howe Hall
      515-294-2640
      http://www.sscl.iastate.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2008
        Thanks, Matt,

        It's great to see that ARHAB is finally alive in the Jolly Olde! And from
        Cambridge, where I attended 2nd grade at Milton Road School in 1950. We
        didn't do that sort of thing back then!

        Perhaps the UK FAA has set aside it's earlier prohibition on use of ham radio
        on balloons.

        73 de Mike W5VSI
        EOSS