Garmin GPS 15H-W

  • k6rpt
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2008
      Has any one used a Garmin GPS 15H-W.
      It operates from 8 to 40 volts (66 mA nominal), weighs around 15 grams,
      and works above 60,000 feet.
    • Meer, Stephen
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2008
        EOSS uses a GPS 15H as the GPS source for the K0SCC B-LAN.  The unit has flown 6 times and worked flawlessly.  We take advantage of the units sentence programmability and fly it with a moderate gain patch antenna.  It is quick lock and I have never seen it loose lock even during post burst chaos.

        /s/SM2  K0SCC