Re: [GPSL] Got Helium?

  • Michael L. Bogard
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2002
      If I could get a tank that would be great also. I will be driving my truck to the gpsl and might be able to help haul the tanks. I may not be able to get off work on Friday early so I might not get there till about 6:00 or 7:00pm. Keep in touch and thanks de kd0fw
    • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2002
        Here's the list of people I have wanting helium. If you're name
        doesn't appear and you want helium, please let me know ASAP.
        I'll check email on Friday and update my list. If you get this
        message after Friday, please leave a message on my cell phone
        (208) 631-7162.

        Me
        Mark Conner
        Bill Brown
        Zack Clobes
        Mike Bogard

        Helium is $45 a tank, payable during the symposium. I plan to
        drop the tanks off at the Johnson Near Space Center on the 2nd of
        July. I'll pick up an extra tank. I'm assuming everyone wants just
        one tank. The tanks hold something like 240 cu ft of helium, so I've
        had to use part of a second tank to launch a 12 pound capsule.
        With the extra tank, we'll have 6 tanks, the minimum needed fo the
        $45 price. I'd like to see if I can talk someone into getting a
        second tank as a backup. I'll have all tanks gauged before leaving
        Linweld, just to make darn sure we don't get an empty tank.

        I still need to line up help moving helium tanks, Linweld will not
        deliver tanks at this price.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2002
          We'll go ahead and pay for a full tank, but we'll only be using a 600g balloon for 2lbs.  We could probably get by with other people's remains.  A couple of half tanks should be more than enough.

          However it works out.
          Zack Clobes, W0ZC