GPSL 2008 Lodging

  • Harry M
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2008

      I don't remember if there was a consensus on a preferred place of lodging for GPSL.
      I don't see a preference on the Superlaunch site.

      Harry

      -----
      Harry Mueller - KC5TRB - Tulsa
      Oklahoma Research Balloons
      Home Page  - http://members.cox.net/hhm_74775/orb/
      -----
    • Keith Kaiser
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2008
        We are not pushing one place over the other. The only consensus seemed to be 'we want to stay where we want to stay'. All of the conference will be over at the college so we won't really need the facilities of a hotel or motel.

        Hope this helps a little.

        On May 9, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Harry M wrote:

        I don't remember if there was a consensus on a preferred place of lodging for GPSL.
        I don't see a preference on the Superlaunch site.

        Harry

        -----
        Harry Mueller - KC5TRB - Tulsa
        Oklahoma Research Balloons
        Home Page  - http://members. cox.net/hhm_ 74775/orb/
        Discussion - http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/oklahoma_ research_ balloons/ join
        -----

      • BASE
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2008
          Dear Harry,

          I stayed at the Super 8 in the fall of 2006 and had no
          problems. It is the oldest of the motels on the list.
          It is also slightly closer to campus. The others
          are on the other side of I-35 (a whole half mile
          farther).

          As an Scouter, I don't have too many complaints about
          any indoor facility, especially with indoor plumbing!.
          I will let my colleagues choose where we stay for
          GPSL.

          Howard
          --- Harry M <hhm_74115@...> wrote:

          > I don't remember if there was a consensus on a
          > preferred place of lodging for GPSL.
          > I don't see a preference on the Superlaunch site.
          >
          > Harry
          >
          > -----
          > Harry Mueller - KC5TRB - Tulsa
          > Oklahoma Research Balloons
          > Home Page - http://members.cox.net/hhm_74775/orb/
          > Discussion -

          > -----

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • Harry M
          Message 4 of 4 , May 10, 2008
            Thanks for the replies on lodging.

            For those of you thinking of staying at the Hampton, they only list WIRED internet on their web site. I called them and they confirmed that they ONLY have wired internet and NO wireless.

            73 Harry KC5TRB