Helium Order Estimate

  • dlkaiser23
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2008
      We are attempting to get an idea of how many bottles of helium are needed for GPSL.

      The situation is this:
      We don't know what the price may be, but think it will be somewhere around twice the
      cost it has been in the past.
      We are not sure we can find a source for as much as we will need, but we are in the
      process of researching this and have a new lead to follow up on.
      We need to know how many bottles you would like to have available for your use.

      Please respond to this email with your name, your group and the number of bottles desired. I
      will track this for Troy who is trying to locate a source for us.

      Thank you.

      Deb Kaiser
    • wb8elk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2008
        - WB8ELK
        - 1 tank of helium

      • BASE
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2008
          Dear Deb,

          BASE - DePauw would like to have access to two tanks,
          but probably won't use much, if any of the second. In
          a pinch, we could reduce payload.

          Thanks,
          Howard

          P.S. - You might check with the folks at Jewell. If
          someone in Chem, Physics, or Bio, regularly uses
          helium, they might be getting a very good price and
          could up their order.

          --- dlkaiser23 <dlkaiser@...> wrote:

          > We are attempting to get an idea of how many bottles
          > of helium are needed for GPSL.
          >
          > The situation is this:
          > We don't know what the price may be, but think
          > it will be somewhere around twice the
          > cost it has been in the past.
          > We are not sure we can find a source for as
          > much as we will need, but we are in the
          > process of researching this and have a new lead to
          > follow up on.
          > We need to know how many bottles you would
          > like to have available for your use.
          >
          > Please respond to this email with your name, your
          > group and the number of bottles desired. I
          > will track this for Troy who is trying to locate a
          > source for us.
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > Deb Kaiser

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • Patterson, David
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2008
            Taylor University's HARP team would like 2 tanks this year.

            - David Patterson
            dvpatterson@...
            "If passion drives you,
            let reason hold the reins."
            ~Benjamin Franklin

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2008
              I'll launch one balloons, so will need a large tank.

              Paul

              >>> "dlkaiser23" <dlkaiser@...> 5/4/2008 2:10 PM >>>
              We are attempting to get an idea of how many bottles of helium are needed for GPSL.

              The situation is this:
                    We don't know what the price may be, but think it will be somewhere around twice the
              cost it has been in the past.
                    We are not sure we can find a source for as much as we will need, but we are in the
              process of researching this and have a new lead to follow up on.
                    We need to know how many bottles you would like to have available for your use.

              Please respond to this email with your name, your group and the number of bottles desired.  I
              will track this for Troy who is trying to locate a source for us.

              Thank you.

              Deb Kaiser

                  mailto:GPSL-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:GPSL-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • Harry M
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2008

                ORB - 1 Tank

                -----
                Harry Mueller - KC5TRB - Tulsa
                Oklahoma Research Balloons
                Home Page  - http://members.cox.net/hhm_74775/orb/
                -----
              • Nick Hanks
                Message 7 of 8 , May 8, 2008
                  Hi Deb,

                  Edge of Space Sciences (EOSS)  will need a single T-bottle for GPSL.

                  Thanks.

                  Nick
                  NØLP
                  EOSS GPSL Coordinator

                • dlkaiser@kc.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 10, 2008
                    Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you all for your responses. I
                    am tracking the estimates and we will see what sources are available
                    as soon as we can.

                    Have a great weekend!

                    73's
                    W0DLK