RE: [GPSL] National Geographics, Jan 1963

  • Rick von Glahn
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28, 2003
      I looked for this around the net but could only find this extremely low
      resolution thumbnail. Hope Bill will come through for you.

      If it is actually worth it to you, you can always buy the complete
      national geo on CD (32 of 'em)

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000077CE8/qid=1051587736/
      sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-software/102-9443180-9202530?v=glance&s=software&n
      =229534

      73 -- Rick, N0KKZ

    • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
      Message 2 of 14 , May 20, 2003
        > Hi Paul,
        >
        > I have Geographics going back to the 40s at my parent's place in
        > Ohio...I'll look for it while I'm back there during the Dayton Hamvention.
        >
        > 73s de Bill WB8ELK

        Bill, How did it go?

        Paul
      • wb8elk@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , May 20, 2003
          Hi Paul,

          I found a lot of Geographics in the garage and barn, but couldn't find the
          early sixties, sad to say.

          Hope you find another source.

          - Bill WB8ELK

          BTW, I gave a talk about GPSL2002 at the Dayton Hamvention ATV forum and also
          at the ATV dinner on Friday night.....everyone loved the Mr. Potato Head in
          Jail photos. I gave out info on GPSL2003 so hopefully some folks will be
          interested.
          Message 4 of 14 , May 21, 2003
            Hi Bill,

            Thanks for pitching GPSL at Dayton - guess we'll find out if there
            were any takers, eh? And I have you slotted for 1 hr at GPSL - hope
            that'll be enough time. We have 4 1 hr slots - 2 AM and 2 after
            lunch. Any preference?

            There's been a lot of chatter and pondering about going to WBFM ATV
            on 1.2 or 2.4 GHz lately. I think WBFM would present a less severe
            QRM problem for other stuff on the payload string (the KPA-5 wiped
            out GPS lock on the EOSS-66 / UK Big Blue glider). And I think I
            might be able to get better than 50% dc->rf power conversion on 1.2 GHz
            using a modulated PP power osc. Your thoughts would be welcome.

            73 de Mike W5VSI

            wb8elk@... wrote:

            > Hi Paul,
            >
            > I found a lot of Geographics in the garage and barn, but couldn't find the
            > early sixties, sad to say.
            >
            > Hope you find another source.
            >
            > - Bill WB8ELK
            >
            > BTW, I gave a talk about GPSL2002 at the Dayton Hamvention ATV forum and also
            > at the ATV dinner on Friday night.....everyone loved the Mr. Potato Head in
            > Jail photos. I gave out info on GPSL2003 so hopefully some folks will be
            > interested.

            Einstein