UTARC Spirit of Knoxville II launch Jan 2/3

  • Greg Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2007
      Below is the announcement sent out this evening. We plan to launch on
      Wednesday night at 9PM Eastern (0200 GMT 1/3) and our path prediction
      looks to follow UX-19 going off the coast of NC/SC area before making a
      turn north towards Europe some time after crossing the coast into open
      ocean.

      Please feel free to pass this info on to any groups interested.
      Greg

      Greetings,

      Happy New Year to one and all. UTARC is pleased to announce its first
      trans-Atlantic balloon attempt, the Spirit of Knoxville II. It is our
      intention to launch from Knoxville Downtown Island Airport at 02:00 UTC
      January 3 (9:00 PM EST January 2). Local visitors are welcome to come
      to the launch. Here is a Google map of the launch location:

      http://maps.google.com/maps?sll=35.962984,-83.87171

      We also invite everyone to follow along with our new, enhanced live
      tracking system at:

      http://www.spiritofknoxville.com/

      Also, we are pleased to announce our new alert system, which allows you
      to sign up for email alerts when various flight conditions are met.
      Visit this site for more information:

      http://alerts.spiritofknoxville.com/

      DTRC users, we need your help! The DTRC status page
      (http://dtrc.utarc.org/status.php) will be updated soon with more
      detailed information. Your help is vital to our success. If you have
      any questions, just email us.

      Thanks again, and Happy New Year!

      The UTARC Team