Re: [GPSL] Re: GPSL 2003

    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 12, 2003
      Hi Paul,

      I think I heard from Harry Mueller of ORB that he has other plans,
      but don't have contact info for the N. Tx crew. Do you? And no
      word from Bill Brown, but he may pop up in response to Ralph's
      excellent and wide-spread email announcement. Thanks, Ralph!

      FOr Ralph: since no one's yet expressed a preference from your
      copious menu of presentations, then why don't you pick the one
      you most enjoy presenting? After all, we do this for recreation,
      don't we?

      73 de Mike W5VSI

      paul.verhage@... wrote:

      > The only one I can think of is HABITAT. NSTAR will be occupied
      > with fatherly duties and NSBG is not active. Have you heard from
      > Bill Brown? There was also that group from Texas that came up
      > last year.
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > > Hi Paul,
      > >
      > > Not sure who's on this GPSL reflector, but I've posted a couple of
      > > general inquiries, and Ralph, TVNSP, ANSR and EOSS are the only ones
      > > who have confirmed their intent to join us.
      > >
      > > So .... who did I miss?
      > >
      > > Re QST et al: I did get Gene something for ATVQ, and Ralph has genrously
      > > offered to post the word to his rather thorough list of reflectors.
      > > Not sure how to get something in QST, but Jeff Ryan K0RM, the Colo
      > > ARLL SM and a valued supporter of EOSS's activities in Colo Springs,
      > > may have some ideas.
      > >
      > > OK on the KOA. You make me feel like a real homebody - but my ol'
      > > bod's just not up to a good snooze in anthing but a comfy bed :=|.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > > de Mike W5VSI

      > > > There's a KOA about an hour east that I'll camp at.

      > > > Gene Harlan is very interested to know about GPSL and will
      > > > publish info on it. He'll need info by Friday. Can we get something
      > > > in QST? Isn't there a ARRL audio message that goes out once a
      > > > week? I'll see if anyone here can tell me about it. Perhaps we can
      > > > put a message out there and on the ARRL webpage. AMSAT also
      > > > has a page reserved for ballooning.
      > > >
      > > > We had problems last year getting the word out and any
      > > > advertisement. I tried contacting Gordon Wset of Nuts and Volts
      > > > magazine. He expressed some interest, but never showed up or
      > > > wrote anything. It might be a good idea to try him again.
      > > >
      > > > I'll keep thinking about this.
      > > >
      > > > Paul

      > > --
      > > Mike Manes manes@... Tel: 303-979-4899
      > > "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not more so." A.
      > > Einstein

      Einstein
    • Doug Eubanks
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 12, 2003
        Mike,

        The group from N. Texas was Jerome and Bobette Doerrie, K5IS and N5IS.
        They are from Booker, which is a hop skip and jump from the OK border in the NE corner of the TX panhandle.
        Bet they would be real interested in attending.
        Looks like Jerome's e-mail address is k5is@...

        Doug, KAØO

        paul.verhage@... wrote:

        > The only one I can think of is HABITAT.  NSTAR will be occupied
        > with fatherly duties and NSBG is not active.  Have you heard from
        > Bill Brown?  There was also that group from Texas that came up
        > last year.
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > > Hi Paul,
        > >
        > > Not sure who's on this GPSL reflector, but I've posted a couple of
        > > general inquiries, and Ralph, TVNSP, ANSR and EOSS are the only ones
        > > who have confirmed their intent to join us.
        > >
        > > So .... who did I miss?
        > >
        > > Re QST et al: I did get Gene something for ATVQ, and Ralph has genrously
        > > offered to post the word to his rather thorough list of reflectors.
        > > Not sure how to get something in QST, but Jeff Ryan K0RM, the Colo
        > > ARLL SM and a valued supporter of EOSS's activities in Colo Springs,
        > > may have some ideas.
        > >
        > > OK on the KOA.  You make me feel like a real homebody - but my ol'
        > > bod's just not up to a good snooze in anthing but a comfy bed :=|.
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > > de Mike W5VSI

        > > > There's a KOA about an hour east that I'll camp at.

        > > > Gene Harlan is very interested to know about GPSL and will
        > > > publish info on it.  He'll need info by Friday.  Can we get something
        > > > in QST?  Isn't there a ARRL audio message that goes out once a
        > > > week?  I'll see if anyone here can tell me about it.  Perhaps we can
        > > > put a message out there and on the ARRL webpage.  AMSAT also
        > > > has a page reserved for ballooning.
        > > >
        > > > We had problems last year getting the word out and any
        > > > advertisement.  I tried contacting Gordon Wset of Nuts and Volts
        > > > magazine.  He expressed some interest, but never showed up or
        > > > wrote anything.  It might be a good idea to try him again.
        > > >
        > > > I'll keep thinking about this.
        > > >
        > > > Paul

        > > --
        > > Mike Manes    manes@...     Tel: 303-979-4899
        > > "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not more so."  A.
        > > Einstein

        Mike Manes    manes@...     Tel: 303-979-4899
        "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not more so."  A.
        Einstein

      • Harry M
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 13, 2003
          Just confirming that I will not be able to be at GPSL.
          Wish I could change plans. I had a great time last year!

          Harry
          KC5TRB

          -------------------------------------
          Amateur Radio, not just a hobby
          -- it's an adventure
          -------------------------------------

        • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 14, 2003
            > I think I heard from Harry Mueller of ORB that he has other plans,
            > but don't have contact info for the N. Tx crew. Do you? And no
            > word from Bill Brown, but he may pop up in response to Ralph's
            > excellent and wide-spread email announcement. Thanks, Ralph!

            I'll look around and see what I have.
            Paul
          • Ralph Wallio, W0RPK
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 14, 2003
              I have sent the announcement to all GPSL2002 attendees including the folks
              from N. Texas. Bill Brown has responded and will be with us. -w0rpk

              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 16, 2003
                Thanks, Doug. And will you be attending this year?

                I've added Jerome to this reply. So ..... Jerome and Bobette, can we
                expect to see you guys again this year? We may need more of your
                able assistance if we land across a power line again.

                73 de Mike W5VSI
                EOSS, sponsor for GPSL '03 in Boulder CO 13-15 Jun.

                Einstein
              • Doug Eubanks
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 17, 2003
                  I would like to, but at this stage of the game, it looks like I will be staying home and helping Mark with the NSTAR launch here.

                  Doug

                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 17, 2003
                    Thanks, Ralph. Your valuable assistance has already paid dividends!

                    73 de Mike W5VSI