DTRC radio listeners frequency is 10.1225

  • Dan Bowen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      UX-19 "Spirit of Knoxville I" radio listeners: John W2KI in Harriman, NY reports reception of HF signal on 10.1225 usb plus 1500hz audio.
      Schedule is as follows:

      • VHF APRS: position and every 21 seconds, telemetry every 63 seconds
      • HF RTTY Daytime: position and telemetry on the following minutes past the hour: 0 10 20 30 40 50
      • HF CW Daytime: position on the following minutes past the hour: 5 15 35 45
      • HF RTTY Nighttime(between 2300 through 0500 in balloon's local time zone): position and telemetry on the following minutes past the hour: 0 30
      • HF CW Nighttime (between 2300 through 0500 in balloon's local time zone): position on the following minutes past the hour: 15 45
      Thanks,
      Dan Bowen
      K2VOL

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: John Hirth <w2ki@...>
      Date: December 1, 2007 2:37:42 PM EST
      To: UTARC general chat list <chat@...>
      Subject: [UTARC Chat] HF copy

      FYI:  I have good HF RTTY copy on 30m at 10.122.5 usb plus about 1500Hz
      audio. You may want to publicize this freq to the DTRC volunteers. With
      transmittions so intermittent it will be hard to find the signal with
      random tuning.

      73 and GL to all. Great Job!

      John W2KI
      Harriman, NY

      (now also CW)

      chat site list

      Dan Bowen

      Program Manager
      UTARC Experimental High Altitude Balloon Program
      University of Tennessee Amateur Radio Club
      Knoxville, TN

    • Dan Bowen

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
          Hi,

          I've been monitoring 10.2200 and 10.2205 MHz on CW with a narrow filter
          for several hours from my QTH in Denver CO area with no joy - just a few
          RST 119 peeps from time to time, but not per the scheduled xmit times.

          Suspect double-hop props on 30m aren't making it out this far.

          What is the RTTY baud rate and FSK shift? 45 & 180 Hz?

          I see that as of a few minutes ago, 95 minutes of ballast have been
          dropped. How many "minutes" of the launched 6 lb remain to manage the
          overnight chill?

          73 de Mike W5SVI, EOSS