Re: [Ballooning] Why Do We Do This?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2007
      Hi Joe,

      The mantra that I must repeat to myself when the alarm goes off at zero-
      dark-30 every launch morning is, "I do this for recreation. I do this for ..."

      Seriously, my motivator is hearing the cheers from the students when
      they see their creations soar towards the edge of space from the launch
      site and their grins and giggles when they pick them up at the landing
      site.

      It's those times that I reminisce about all the neat goodies I found to
      tinker with in my grandpa's and uncles' garages - things largely denied
      today's youth.

      If it weren't for that, I'd have gone into a more thrilling hobby, like
      stamp collecting, after the first 100 launches.

      73 de Mike W5VSI