1200g Kaysam (Kaymont?) balloons on eBay

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2007
      There have been fairly regular listings for 1200g balloons that were
      manufactured around 9/03 on eBay the last week or so. I've gotten a
      couple myself. They're put up every 3 days, and the seller is willing
      to combine shipping if want to wait a couple of auctions' worth.

      The listing and box say Kaysam, but if they're the same batch that
      were gov't surplus on eBay earlier in the year, they're actually
      Kaymont.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2007
        Kaymont is the US distributor for the Japanese Kaysam latex balloons.
        Confusing, eh?

        If the balloons were stored in the original poly bags and sealed
        cartons (light tight), then they oughta be good as new.

        73 de Mike W5VSI, EOSS

      • nss@mwt.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 17, 2007
          > Kaymont is the US distributor for the Japanese Kaysam latex balloons.
          > Confusing, eh?

          I thought haysam was a USA based and made balloons UGLY BROWN oblong
          just plain nasty and with the large knott ring thing near the neck
          thing. When the Japanese balloons (Totex) started coming out they were
          nice round, tight and much better quality. then Kaysam shortly went
          under.

          or at least thats how i remember it.

          Joe

        • nss@mwt.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 17, 2007
            Paul is awesome!!

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 17, 2007
              Hi Joe,

            • mconner1@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 17, 2007
                I think the ones on eBay are Totex. They should be the white-colored one-piece ones, without the cardboard collar at the neck. The box photo and NSN match what got earlier in the year, but won't know 100% for sure until the shipment arrives.

                I bought one for about $22 and the other for $12, plus something like $20 for shipping the pair (awaiting final invoice), so that's roughly $27 per balloon which is less than half price. I got a big batch of these balloons earlier this year from another eBay supplier and they were perfect - no discoloration at all.

                You can find it on eBay by entering "Kaysam" or "weather balloon" for your search term. I see these come up every few months, so a slug of them must be going through the gov't surplus channels. I haven't paid full price for balloons for over a year now.

                Mike, did Kaymont require a minimum order (qty or cost)?

                From: Mike Manes <mrmanes@...>
                Date: Monday, September 17, 2007 1:04 pm
                Subject: Re: [GPSL] 1200g Kaysam (Kaymont?) balloons on eBay
                To: GPSL@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 17, 2007
                  Hi Mark,

                  Sounds like you've found some great bargains on E^&*.

                  Paul happily shipped me 2 @ KCI-1200's the same week that I
                  posted my order to him via email. Merle had established a sound
                  working relationship with Kaymont, so I'm not sure that service
                  would extend to all players. Give it a shot.

                  73 de Mike W5VSI