Re: June gathering

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2003
      Hi Ralph,

      I hope you'll stick around long enough to watch the launch and
      chat with some of the students. In fact, if you can spare an hour
      or so, we'd be delighted if you could participate with the tracking
      and recovery crews - the landing sites may not be too far away from
      your route home.

      73 de Mike W5VSI

      "Ralph Wallio, W0RPK" wrote:

      > > Looking forward to working with you again. BTW, will you be flying
      > > a balloon this time?
      > >

      > Mike,
      >
      > I apologize for my delay in responding. I have been down and out since
      > Wednesday last with a malady yet to be named but I am finally crawling back
      > to reality.
      >
      > No, I will not be able to joint the launch. Our schedule of other
      > commitments requires we arrive in Lawrence on Saturday afternoon and then
      > home on Saturday evening. I am happy to be able to stop at Deer Trail for
      > an hour or so as we head east from Boulder on Saturday morning.
      >
      > Thanks for taking on the responsibility of arrangements for GPSL-2003!
      >
      > TNX es 73 de Ralph W0RPK

      Einstein
    • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2003
        Anything on the schedule?

        I'd like to present on the flights of Explorer 1 and 2.

        I may be short handed again, so will need help getting my capsule
        airborne.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          Hi Paul,

          Sorry for slow reply -- been up to gills in getting EOSS-64 up and
          off. It was a huge success, BTW, despite Murphy's getting his digs
          in. The FAA was delighted with the findu.com reporting of both the
          payload and balloon APRS beacons. This is a real advance for amateur
          ballooning's relationship with the FAA. I hope Russ Chadwick will be
          willing to present on it at GPSL as well.

          And yes, the program's started forming with your proposal, Paul.
          And EOSS should have plenty of extra folks on hand to help you with
          your launch - I assume you'll be needing He? How much?

          73 de Mike W5VSI

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
            > And yes, the program's started forming with your proposal, Paul.
            > And EOSS should have plenty of extra folks on hand to help you with
            > your launch - I assume you'll be needing He? How much?

            Sounds great. I'll use a tank and a half (I can split a tank with
            someone).