Re: June gathering

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2003
      Hi Ralph,

      Yep! You got the details down pat. And you've given me the proper
      cage-rattle to round up motel and RV park sites near Boulder and
      a spot for dinner Friday evening. Been gill-deep in some new EOSS
      payloads.

      Looking forward to working with you again. BTW, will you be flying
      a balloon this time?

      73 de Mike W5VSI, EOSS

      "Ralph Wallio, W0RPK" wrote:

      > Mike,
      >
      > Double checking plans for June meeting at CU-Boulder before making
      > semi-final decisions at this end.
      >
      > Assuming the meeting is still on, our family is planning on traveling to see
      > my sister and family in Cedaredge and then touring Utah the previous week.
      > We would drive to Boulder from Salt Lake City on Thursday, June 12th, so I
      > can be with you all day on Friday.
      >
      > A couple of assumptions I have been making. First, there will be a
      > gathering for supper on Friday evening and family members are invited.
      > Second, there will be a mass launch attempt on Saturday morning and, if I
      > remember correctly, it will be at Deer Trail.
      >
      > Our plan would be to drive to the launch site from Boulder early Saturday
      > morning, be there for the launch and then saddle up and head east to
      > Lawrence, Kansas.
      >
      > Mother and Daughter are looking forward to another long shopping trip on
      > Pearl Street Mall in Boulder during our meeting on Friday.
      >
      > Does all of this seem to fit your plans?
      >
      > TNX es 73 de Ralph Wallio, W0RPK
      > wallio@...
      > http://members.crosspaths.net/wallio
      > Hubbert's Peak: The Mother of all Perfect Storms

      Einstein
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2003
        Hi Ralph,

        I hope you'll stick around long enough to watch the launch and
        chat with some of the students. In fact, if you can spare an hour
        or so, we'd be delighted if you could participate with the tracking
        and recovery crews - the landing sites may not be too far away from
        your route home.

        73 de Mike W5VSI

        "Ralph Wallio, W0RPK" wrote:

        > > Looking forward to working with you again. BTW, will you be flying
        > > a balloon this time?
        > >

        > Mike,
        >
        > I apologize for my delay in responding. I have been down and out since
        > Wednesday last with a malady yet to be named but I am finally crawling back
        > to reality.
        >
        > No, I will not be able to joint the launch. Our schedule of other
        > commitments requires we arrive in Lawrence on Saturday afternoon and then
        > home on Saturday evening. I am happy to be able to stop at Deer Trail for
        > an hour or so as we head east from Boulder on Saturday morning.
        >
        > Thanks for taking on the responsibility of arrangements for GPSL-2003!
        >
        > TNX es 73 de Ralph W0RPK

        Einstein
      • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2003
          Anything on the schedule?

          I'd like to present on the flights of Explorer 1 and 2.

          I may be short handed again, so will need help getting my capsule
          airborne.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 9:39 PM
            Hi Paul,

            Sorry for slow reply -- been up to gills in getting EOSS-64 up and
            off. It was a huge success, BTW, despite Murphy's getting his digs
            in. The FAA was delighted with the findu.com reporting of both the
            payload and balloon APRS beacons. This is a real advance for amateur
            ballooning's relationship with the FAA. I hope Russ Chadwick will be
            willing to present on it at GPSL as well.

            And yes, the program's started forming with your proposal, Paul.
            And EOSS should have plenty of extra folks on hand to help you with
            your launch - I assume you'll be needing He? How much?

            73 de Mike W5VSI

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2 6:20 AM
              > And yes, the program's started forming with your proposal, Paul.
              > And EOSS should have plenty of extra folks on hand to help you with
              > your launch - I assume you'll be needing He? How much?

              Sounds great. I'll use a tank and a half (I can split a tank with
              someone).