Re: [GPSL] History Outline

  • Don Pfister
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
      Oh, any idea if GPSL 1 was the first 6M simplex repeater flight? I flew one then,
      not sure I had heard of any before that. Do you want that kind of stuff too?

      --

      [Signature File]
      Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
        I'd like to focus on the first repeater of any band.

        Paul

      • wb8elk@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
          Hi Paul,

          I flew a crossband repeater (440 in and 10m AM and 2m FM out) and also a
          simplex repeater back in 1991 while I was living in Peterborough, NH....I'll
          dig into my records and get you exact dates. I found the simplex repeater in
          the bottom of an 80 foot-deep stone quarry (one of several flights that I
          launched by myself and found by myself)...as you can imagine it was very
          difficult to even locate the signal in the first place...I got very lucky.

          73s de Bill WB8ELK
        • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
            Thanks Bill. I'll need to know the dates to complete the history
            section. Please get me those dates as soon as you can.

            Paul

            > I flew a crossband repeater (440 in and 10m AM and 2m FM out) and also a
            > simplex repeater back in 1991 while I was living in Peterborough, NH....I'll
            > dig into my records and get you exact dates. I found the simplex repeater in
            > the bottom of an 80 foot-deep stone quarry (one of several flights that I
            > launched by myself and found by myself)...as you can imagine it was very
            > difficult to even locate the signal in the first place...I got very lucky.
            >
            > 73s de Bill WB8ELK

          • Don Pfister
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 12, 2003
              Paul, our first successful flight of HABITAT SkyLab was Oct. 4, 1997.

              73
              Don KA0JLF

              paul.verhage@... wrote:

              > Here's what I currently have as a brief outline of amateur radio
              > ballooning. Please look it over. I have a few blanks to fill and
              > imagine I have missing events. Please forward them to me.
              >
              > Thanks,

              [Signature File]
              Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF
              Founder of HABITAT SkyLab
              (High Altitude Basic Investigation Testing And Tracking)
              email: habitat@...
            • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 13, 2003
                Can you give me the location of the launch and the payload?

                Paul