Re: [GPSL] History Outline

  • Don Pfister
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
      Paul you have HABITAT SkyLab's second or third launch listed as the first. Our
      first was in 1997, but I'll have to look at the video to see when it was. I
      think like in September and or October.

      The one you listed was the one you attended, which was our second or third -
      something like that. I'll try to get videos out this weekend (I'll be working on
      video anyway) and get back to you.

      Also, again I'll have to check - unless Bill N3KKM remembers (or someone else) -
      Bill flew his capsule with ours on one or two flights before flying solo. I
      think Mark did this (piggy back new capsule on experienced one) with Bill too.
      This seemed like a good practice if possible. ;-)

      Don

      paul.verhage@... wrote:

      > Here's what I currently have as a brief outline of amateur radio
      > ballooning. Please look it over. I have a few blanks to fill and
      > imagine I have missing events. Please forward them to me.
      >
      > Thanks,

      [Signature File]
      Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF
    • Don Pfister
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 10, 2003
        Oh, any idea if GPSL 1 was the first 6M simplex repeater flight? I flew one then,
        not sure I had heard of any before that. Do you want that kind of stuff too?

        --

        [Signature File]
        Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
          I'd like to focus on the first repeater of any band.

          Paul

        • wb8elk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
            Hi Paul,

            I flew a crossband repeater (440 in and 10m AM and 2m FM out) and also a
            simplex repeater back in 1991 while I was living in Peterborough, NH....I'll
            dig into my records and get you exact dates. I found the simplex repeater in
            the bottom of an 80 foot-deep stone quarry (one of several flights that I
            launched by myself and found by myself)...as you can imagine it was very
            difficult to even locate the signal in the first place...I got very lucky.

            73s de Bill WB8ELK
          • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2003
              Thanks Bill. I'll need to know the dates to complete the history
              section. Please get me those dates as soon as you can.

              Paul

              > I flew a crossband repeater (440 in and 10m AM and 2m FM out) and also a
              > simplex repeater back in 1991 while I was living in Peterborough, NH....I'll
              > dig into my records and get you exact dates. I found the simplex repeater in
              > the bottom of an 80 foot-deep stone quarry (one of several flights that I
              > launched by myself and found by myself)...as you can imagine it was very
              > difficult to even locate the signal in the first place...I got very lucky.
              >
              > 73s de Bill WB8ELK

            • Don Pfister
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 12, 2003
                Paul, our first successful flight of HABITAT SkyLab was Oct. 4, 1997.

                73
                Don KA0JLF

                paul.verhage@... wrote:

                > Here's what I currently have as a brief outline of amateur radio
                > ballooning. Please look it over. I have a few blanks to fill and
                > imagine I have missing events. Please forward them to me.
                >
                > Thanks,

                [Signature File]
                Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF
                Founder of HABITAT SkyLab
                (High Altitude Basic Investigation Testing And Tracking)
                email: habitat@...
              • paul.verhage@boiseschools.org
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 13, 2003
                  Can you give me the location of the launch and the payload?

                  Paul