If you are flying at GPSL 2007...Please read.

  • Roger Hammond
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2007
      Message
      This is a copy of an email I submitted about 3 weeks ago. If you are planning to fly at GPSL this year please send me as much information about the transmitters you will be flying as you can. I'm trying coordinate frequencies, time-slotting, and I-gates so that everyone's payload can be accommodated. If I missed you in the first round, I apologize but please send me your information again. Here are the groups I've heard from:

      WB8ELK
      EOSS
      BUNS
      NSTAR
      ORB

      1. Name of your group
      2. Website for your group
      3. Callsign(s) of your payload
      4. A cell phone number that will be carried on the chase (for post-recovery coordination)
      5. Number of transmitters and their band (specific frequencies only if you're rock-bound or don't wish to be time-slotted with others on the 144.34/39 freq).
      6. Size of balloon
      7. Approx number of helium tanks required (K or T)
      8. Total flight weight
      9. Expected ascent/descent rate
      10. Projected burst altitude
      11. Special requirements/ requests for the GPSL coordinator
      12. Short description of your payload including cameras, transmission modes, experiments, etc.

      73,

      Roger KCØMWM
      rahammond@charter. net
      www.cnnsp.org
    • BASE
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2007

        www.depauw.edu/acad/physics/base
        > 3. Callsign(s) of your payload: BASE 7
        > 4. A cell phone number that will be carried on the
        > chase (for post-recovery
        > coordination): (765) 721-4179
        > 5. Number of transmitters and their band (specific
        > frequencies only if
        > you're rock-bound or don't wish to be time-slotted
        > with others on the
        > 144.34/39 freq).
        Primary transmitter: 902-928 MHz FreeWave (ala Jeff
        Dailey)
        Secondary: 144.39 MHz

        > 6. Size of balloon: 1500 gram
        > 7. Approx number of helium tanks required (K or T):
        2 T tanks (will use about 1.6 tanks)
        > 8. Total flight weight: 5 kg
        > 9. Expected ascent/descent rate: Ascent 900 ft/min
        Descent: 1200 ft/min
        > 10. Projected burst altitude: 90,000 ft
        > 11. Special requirements/requests for the GPSL
        > coordinator
        > 12. Short description of your payload including
        > cameras, transmission modes,
        > experiments, etc.
        Solar cell performance experiment
        Assorted wavelength photometric measurements
        Muon Detector System
        HALO Network Demonstrator
        Multiple Digital Still Cameras
        Digital Video Camera (no live downlink)