HEllo from the EOSRED in MAINE balloon group ideas to share.

  • w1lwt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12 9:57 PM
      when I did my cut down device testing I used a series 4 foot
      adivitiseng red, blue balloons with ornge mrking tape tails at 50
      foot each with one emergency blanket on each as a trailer to be seen
      from a distance that i would watch with a spotting scope to see
      responce to my testing and radio contact back to the launch site to
      hook up the next one and pull safety pin to cutting device.on a 6 lb
      test line at 200 +- feet and at cutting device I used 38 lb test
      line for a measure of 2 foot in the middle with device i tested line
      responce and device distance cutting effect and I had One person at
      the field at the house to monitor it and each cut down i did in
      series of 3 and 5 miles then 10 than 20 and 25 and I would watch
      with a spotting scope each one was also vcr taped to veiw later .
      and a few times with a minuture security amera like you buy at
      walmart for 75.00 bucks and I had thos connected to below the
      cutting dive and on its own parachute so when i cutt it the camera
      recorded what i needded and the drop to the ground and the blloon
      would take of and i watch it to verify launch and time and on the
      letter package i had a return letter for finders out there. after a
      group of 12 test over a few week ends i found it was a good system
      for me to use i designed and use for launches. up to 25 miles line
      of sight and reliable. but mind you 99.99 % of my launches oour over
      the ocean and 2 out of 15 launches was found . the others are still
      floating out there. but I gave up about worring about recovery I
      enjoy the launches and tracking and information gathered for the
      next and shareing the projects with all HAMS in Maine on the NETs.

      w1lwt- LEE
      EOSRED Project manager

      And

      K1JJS- John
      GROUND NET CONTROL ONE

      Check out our Yahoo groups at EOS-2 and EOSRED and W1LWT

      see ya at the GPSL look for the plad shirts