Looking for contacts in KS, west TX, OK, MO or IL for Arbonet balloon record

  • wb8elk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2007
      I'll be attempting a EBE record 2 way contact through the crossband repeater on the Arbonet balloon Saturday morning from NE Texas....I'm just south of Huntsville, AL at grid square EM64oj on Wilson Mountain with a very good shot at it from 420 miles out. The potential exists to get close to a contact of 800 miles distance...any takers out in middle and western TX, OK, KS, MO or IL? Wichita, Salina, Kansas City are all in range. There may also be a station 80 miles closer from western AL (KU4WW) on the air as well who will most likely be in range a lot longer than I will be.

      445.80 uplink....147.56 down

      K5FRC-11 on APRS

      7.260 HF net

      - Bill WB8ELK