Re: [GPSL] Fwd: [HABITAT_SkyLab] cold soldering iron???

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      I agree with most of what was said, the cold heat ones
      work only so-so, you have to be good at making
      absolutely good surface contact before they work.
      If you want a battery powered one (to avoid butane
      fumes), there are 2 easy recommendations.
      1. The Weller battery powered one uses AA batteries
      <http://www.all-spec.com/1/viewitem/BP645MP/ALLSPEC/prodinfo/?gclid=CI3JsK38i4cCFQeqHgodlnDJ6w>

      2. The ISO-TIP models, 2C cells, or rechargable
      battery pack.
      <http://www.iso-tip.com/html/soldering_irons.htm>

      otherwise it is a butane one.

      > Don KA0JLF wrote:
      > > ??

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Don KA0JLF
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
        Yes, I had an ISO-TIP back before I was in tech school
        and after while heavy into hardward. It worked well. I
        might have to try to find another one of those, for
        multiple reasons. It worked very well. As I recall I
        used it to help build my first computer back in the
        70s.

        Thanks David!
        73
        Don