RE: [GPSL] Hotel Rooms for GPSL

  • Marty Griffin
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
      Hi Zack,
      Just for your information, folks who are arriving 8/3 can not get rooms
      until 8/4. The GPSL block of rooms starts 8/4. If you could ping the hotel
      management and add 8/3 onto the block, you might get more success. Of
      course, that's from the perspective of folks traveling 500+ miles:>)
      Good luck,
      - Marty, WA0GEH, EOSS

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 6, 2006

        Yes, NSTAR will need a room or two on 8/3 also.

        From: Marty Griffin <mgriffin@...>
        Date: Monday, June 5, 2006 11:35 pm
        Subject: RE: [GPSL] Hotel Rooms for GPSL
        To: GPSL@yahoogroups.com

      • wb8elk@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 6, 2006
          I booked my room this morning....they charged me $99 for Aug.3rd but the special rate of $74 for the rest of the stay.

            ------------ --------- --- Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ------------ --------~ -->
            Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology. It's
            free.
            http://us.click. yahoo.com/ 97bhrC/LGxNAA/ yQLSAA/ELTolB/ TM
            ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -~->

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Harry M
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 6, 2006

              The Hotel is very non-consistent with their rates.
              I booked mine last month for the 3rd though the 6th
              and the rate was $79 per nite. I wonder what it will
              be at check-in?

              I think an explanation from the Hotel manager or
              Corporate is in order!

              73 Harry KC5TRB

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 6, 2006
                I just spoke with the lady at the hotel.

                Harry, they should be adjusting your room rates.  I told them about your experience back in April, and they said that they would take care of it so make sure you get the discounted rate.

                As for everyone else, she has to check things out tomorrow, but there shouldn't be any problems extending the group rate into Thursday.  Thursday was originally in the contract, but somehow got dropped and I failed to notice it.  Hopefully things will be straightened out by tomorrow afternoon.

                At this point, they are holding our block of 30 rooms open until the weekend of June 17th.  After that, the rooms will be fair game to anyone, so if you're going to stay with the rest of the group, please make your reservations soon.

                Zack Clobes, W0ZC
                Project: Traveler

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 6, 2006

                  Thanks for checking on the room rates Zack!

                  I don't have access to an altitude chamber
                  and I can't think of anything right at the
                  moment that I would like to test.

                  73 Harry KC5TRB
                • Nick Hanks
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 17, 2011
                    Hi Folks,

                    There are only five rooms left in our reserved block ($104 per night) at the Hampton Inn for GPSL.  Once those five rooms are gone, the Hampton Inn is full for the time of GPSL as there's a large girls softball tournament in town.

                    Nick
                    EOSS GPSL Committee

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 17, 2011

                        Not yet Zack, but I’ve seen some numbers so I expect something pretty soon.

                        I’ll try and remember to alert you when we put the information up on the site.

                        73 -- Rick

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 17, 2011

                          A good site for real-time gas prices is www.gasbuddy.com.

                          73 de Mark N9XTN

                          Sent via DroidX

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 17, 2011
                            I'm sure that's a great site Mark, but I can't seem to find Helium in there.  ;-)

                            Zack

                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 17, 2011

                              Sorry, wrong sort of gas, hunh?

                              Mark