Oregon Sci. Video camera for ballooning?

  • Arnie Grubbs
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
      Hi All...
      Been quietly watching this YahooGroup for a number of years now.
      Yesterday I saw an interesting device that might be good for some "air time",
      and thought I would post it here..

      It only records in 640x480, but with a 1-2GB SD card you could probably get
      several hours of flight video.. They do caution about battery power at low temps though...

      http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=6&scid=14&pid=560

      After checking the link, click on the 'mini-website' link to see some video.

      73 - KA0NCR - Arnie

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • PAUL VERHAGE
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
        It sounds like the video camera I picked up last year at GPSL after
        seeing HABITATS.

        Paul

        >>> vhuntertdi@... 4/4/2006 2:20 pm >>>

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
          Looks like a smaller form factor than the Aiptek 4-in-1/5-in-1
          cameras, but around the same price (this one is $120, might be cheaper
          elsewhere). HABITAT has had good success with their Aiptek camera.

          Video quality is not quite as good as a VHS-C/Hi-8/DV camera, but it's
          quite a bit less weight and volume and with a large card a longer
          record time.

          73 de Mark N9XTN

          On 4/4/06, PAUL VERHAGE <paul.verhage@...> wrote:
          > It sounds like the video camera I picked up last year at GPSL after
          > seeing HABITATS.
          >
          > Paul

          > Hi All...
          > Been quietly watching this YahooGroup for a number of years now.
          > Yesterday I saw an interesting device that might be good for some "air
          > time",
          > and thought I would post it here..
          >
          > It only records in 640x480, but with a 1-2GB SD card you could probably
          > get
          > several hours of flight video.. They do caution about battery power at
          > low temps though...
          >
          > http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=6&scid=14&pid=560
          >

          > After checking the link, click on the 'mini-website' link to see some
          > video.
          >
          > 73 - KA0NCR - Arnie

          > Hi All...
          > Been quietly watching this YahooGroup for a number of years now.
          > Yesterday I saw an interesting device that might be good for some "air
          > time",
          > and thought I would post it here..
          >
          > It only records in 640x480, but with a 1-2GB SD card you could probably
          > get
          > several hours of flight video.. They do caution about battery power at
          > low temps though...
          >
          > http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=6&scid=14&pid=560
          >

          > After checking the link, click on the 'mini-website' link to see some
          > video.
          >
          > 73 - KA0NCR - Arnie

          > ________________________________

        • John C Nordlie
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
            Cool. Here's another chip video camera for only slightly cheaper:

            http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=332786&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

            Same resolution, possibly less robust, very light-weight (looks like
            most of the internals of a videocamera cell phone without the phone).
            Records 2 hours of video with a 512MB SD card.

            John Nordlie N0RNB | Regional Weather Information Center
            nordlie@... | University of North Dakota
            http://blizzard.rwic.und.edu/~nordlie/