[Fwd: Balloon Conference Announcement and Call for Papers]

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hi folks,

      Thought some of us might be interested in this conference. Not
      sure where it's to be held, but suspect IA State campus.

      73 de Mike W5VSI
      Prez EOSS

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2006
        I'm assuning that the venue is at Iowa State U.?
        73 de Mike W5VSI
        EOSS

        *A conference on Small Balloon Science, Technology and Operations
        18 - 19 September 2006

        Conference Web Site: http://www.ia.spacegrant.org/smallstat/

        This event is open to Researchers, Students, Amateur Radio balloonists
        or anyone interested in small balloon activities. Distinguished
        speakers from Government (including FAA, NASA, NRL and Air Force),
        Industry, and Academe will present in plenary session as well as invited
        speakers in technical sessions (see web site for Call for Papers).
        Please broadly distribute this announcement and encourage abstract
        submissions.

        The event includes a *STUDENT POSTER SESSION* with a top prize of $1000
        plus a ballon from Global Western, $750 2nd place, and $250 3rd place.
        A huge corporate recruiting event with over 200 companies is held in
        conjunction with this event.

        Prize Drawing for Amateur Radio Operators to win a Balloon from Global
        Western

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2006
          Yes it is, at Howe Hall on the ISU campus in Ames IA.

          73 de Mark N9XTN

          --
          Mike Manes    manes@...     Tel: 303-979-4899
          "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not more so."  A. Einstein