Hi everybody

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      Just wanted to say hi to every and start the list discussion.

      First thing we should get a handle on is what sort of payloads
      are available that people want to fly. I'll start off.........

      NSTAR can fly a combination of the following:

      1) Primary APRS: 2m only, VFO, time slot capable
      2) Backup APRS: 2m or 70cm, VFO, time slot capable
      3) Simplex repeater: 2m or 70cm, VFO
      4) Cross-band repeater (W0RPK's): 70cm up/2m down or vice versa,
      VFO, APRS MIM on downlink, data not slotted
      5) Camcorder: VHS-C, 2 hour of video, manually started before
      launch
      6) Still camera (maybe, awaiting time to modify and test)

      My preference is to fly 1, 2, and 5. I think 1, 4, and 5 is too
      much weight, but I'll figure that out soon. If someone else
      flies a camcorder, I could do 1 and 4. 6 will fly with 1 if it's
      ready regardless.

      If the others can chime in here, we'll get on our way.

      73 de Mark N9XTN

      ------
      Mark D. Conner
      E-mail: n9xtn@...
      Homepage: http://members.cox.net/mconner1
      "Arrogance and stupidity, all in the same package.....how
      efficient of you!" - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Babylon 5