Re: [Balloon_Sked] UX-5 balloon

  • mgray@ess-us.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      It was recover yeasterday (December 31st) around 5 PM local New Mexico
      time. Here is a note from Jack, W7JLC:

      We were still getting reports back from it during the morning as soon as
      the band opened up again.

      So it will live to fly again!

      Pat, N5BBD was able to get away and has just recovered the ANSR
      Payload. It came down through a Mesquite tree, the balloons were
      shreaded. The package was upright with the antenna still vertical up
      into the tree. There was only a small amount of the ballast liquid
      left. More later.