Reusable balloons

  • Nikhil Paruchuri
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
      hi ,

      I am planning to do a few tests with tethered balloons. Since these
      balloons won't be used for a complete flight, I was looking for a
      reusable balloon . Any ideas ? My payload weighs about 16 pounds.

      Nikhil
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
        Hi Nikhil,

        If you're trying to save money by reusing a latex after a tethered
        test, then it would be a lot safer to use a much smaller and
        cheaper balloon filled to near burst diameter for the tether tests,
        and use a fresh big balloon, like a 2000 or 3000 gram, which has
        not been damaged by handling and UV exposure for your free flight.

        Per Liftwin 0.41, a 200 gm Totex could lift 16 lb and still leave 4 lb
        tension left on your tether line. Not sure the neck is strong
        enough to hold 20 lb, but if it isn't, you havn't lost much money,
        except for the Helium.

        73 de Mike W5VSI

        Nikhil Paruchuri wrote:

        > hi ,
        >
        > I am planning to do a few tests with tethered balloons. Since these
        > balloons won't be used for a complete flight, I was looking for a
        > reusable balloon . Any ideas ? My payload weighs about 16 pounds.
        >
        > Nikhil

        Einstein