Re: [GPSL] ANSR participation at GPSL

  • Don Pfister
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
      Michael, I would suggest you bring your stuff. I have at least 5 members coming
      with my group. I think we will be ok. Our members can assist you. "Never give
      up! - Never surrender!" (I love that movie).

      73 de Don
      HABITAT SkyLab

      Mark Conner wrote:

      > Received the following from ANSR:
      >
      > ==============
      > Mark,
      >
      > Since I will be the only ANSR guy attending, I don't think I can
      > launch a balloon by myself. I will bring our Payload Computer
      > (cross band repeater/tracking system) and Micro Beacon in case we
      > want to fly them on another balloon train. I'll also have equipment
      > to track and recover if necessary. If nothing else, I can help with
      > the launch on Saturday morning.
      >
      > Michael Gray, ANSR - kd7lmo

      [Signature File]
      Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF
      HABITAT SkyLab soon to add SeaLab (underwater robotics)
      (High Altitude Basic Investigation Testing And Tracking)
      Email=ka0jlf@... or ka0jlf@... or donp@...

      http://habitat.netlab.org
      http://www.kc.net/~dpfister - going away not sure when they will pull the plug
      http://www.netlab.org/~donp
      http://home.earthlink.net/~ka0jlf
      http://home.kc.rr.com/cdpfister/
      http://www.netlab.org:8888/ Visit the Lab in the Hobby wing. HABITAT being
      built...

      view stations on the web real time (~3 minute updates):
      http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?KA0JLF Home
      http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?KA0JLF-9 van
      http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?KA0JLF-11 balloon
    • Don Pfister
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
        I just talked to Paul on the cell phones. Michael, Paul said the same thing I
        did - there will be plenty of people to help, please bring your balloon and
        launch with us. Michael, please don't put off launching because you are the only
        one from your group. I know we can round up help for you. If you want a
        navigator or driver to help you chase I'm sure we can handle that too.

        Paul also said we will launch from Herington. He and I will take the helium
        tanks there tomorrow and lock them in the hanger.

        Mark, Paul tried to contact you but I forget what he wanted me to tell you. ;-)
        Senior life is great! (I think it was the above)

        Paul will check email tomorrow after we pickup (possibly) deliver the helium.

        More to follow! ;-)

        73 all de Don