HASP Altitude and Location

  • Jack Crabtree
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
        And live video from the balloon links?

        Joe WB9SBD
        Sig
        The Original Rolling Ball Clock
        Idle Tyme
        Idle-Tyme.com
        http://www.idle-tyme.com

      • Jack Crabtree
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
          Sig

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
            Hi Joe,

            http://laspace.lsu.edu/hasp/

            See Flight Video down the page on the left. Click on "Live" and
            "full screen" arrow.

            73 de Mike W5VSI

            On 9/2/13 10:32 AM, Joe wrote:
            > And live video from the balloon links?
            >
            > Joe WB9SBD
            > Sig
            > The Original Rolling Ball Clock
            > Idle Tyme
            > Idle-Tyme.com
            > http://www.idle-tyme.com
            > On 9/2/2013 11:25 AM, Jack Crabtree wrote:
            >> http://towerfts.csbf.nasa.gov/Maps/ConvGps643N.htm

          • Jack Crabtree
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
              The rotating payload is from LSU and samples the air for micro-organisms.
              The other moving payload is a solar telescope that automatically acquires
              the sun.
              Jack

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                EOSS flew a biological sampler for a CU grad student a few years
                ago. It used a motor-driven pump to pull ambient air thru a filter
                that trapped bugs from ambient air. He had to heat-sterilize the
                intake plumbing before launch. Never heard the results, however.

                On another CU flight, we learned that cockroaches are NOT of
                extraterrestrial origin, however :=).

                73 de Mike W5VSI

                On 9/2/13 11:14 AM, Jack Crabtree wrote:
                > The rotating payload is from LSU and samples the air for micro-organisms.
              • wb8elk
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                  Hi Mike,

                    Last year we found out that crickets just might be extraterrestrial since they all survived a trip into the stratosphere.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                    Any idea when they plan to cut down?

                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                      Not yet, they have directed the chase team to a town called Prescott (hey,
                      wait a minute) they will cut down after they clear populated areas and some
                      weather we have to the East of us. It will probably be west of Prescott. Our
                      predictor is ready to put in the cut down coords and tell us where to look.
                      Jack

                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                        Thanks, Jack,

                        I'll look for W7JLC-9 enroute to recovery. Bon appetit and
                        happy hunting.

                        73 de Mike W5VSI

                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                          Any idea of the descent trajectory yet?

                          On 9/2/13 7:11 PM, Jack Crabtree wrote:
                          > Not yet, they have directed the chase team to a town called Prescott
                          > (hey, wait a minute) they will cut down after they clear populated areas
                          > and some weather we have to the East of us. It will probably be west of
                          > Prescott. Our predictor is ready to put in the cut down coords and tell
                          > us where to look.
                          > Jack
                          >

                          > -----Original Message----- From: Mike Manes
                          > Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 6:05 PM
                          > To: Jack Crabtree
                          > Cc: Ballooning@yahoogroups.com ; Joe ; GPSL@yahoogroups.com ; Ronald Madler
                          > Subject: Re: [Ballooning] Re: [GPSL] HASP Altitude and Location
                          >
                          > Any idea when they plan to cut down?
                          > 73 de Mike W5VSI
                          >
                          > On 9/2/13 11:14 AM, Jack Crabtree wrote:
                          >> The rotating payload is from LSU and samples the air for
                          >> micro-organisms. The other moving payload is a solar telescope that
                          >> automatically acquires the sun.
                          >> Jack
                          >>

                          >> -----Original Message----- From: Mike Manes
                          >> Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 10:06 AM
                          >> To: Ballooning@yahoogroups.com
                          >> Cc: Joe ; Jack Crabtree ; GPSL@yahoogroups.com ; Ronald Madler
                          >> Subject: Re: [Ballooning] Re: [GPSL] HASP Altitude and Location
                          >>
                          >> Hi Joe,
                          >>
                          >> http://laspace.lsu.edu/hasp/
                          >>
                          >> See Flight Video down the page on the left. Click on "Live" and
                          >> "full screen" arrow.
                          >>
                          >> 73 de Mike W5VSI
                          >>
                          >> On 9/2/13 10:32 AM, Joe wrote:
                          >>> And live video from the balloon links?
                          >>>
                          >>> Joe WB9SBD
                          >>> Sig
                          >>> The Original Rolling Ball Clock
                          >>> Idle Tyme
                          >>> Idle-Tyme.com
                          >>> http://www.idle-tyme.com

                        • HarryM
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                            Looks like HASP might be on the way down.

                            Altitude: 109690 Feet / -2339 Feet / Minute
                            Altitude: 101597 Feet / -4177 Feet / Minute

                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                              Yup. sure is. Just S of Wickenburg.
                              - Mike

                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 3, 2013
                                Hi Jack,

                                Followed your trek down to the HASP landing site today. Looks like
                                you got some off-road miles on the Jeep today :=). Hope everything
                                came back OK and that you got some pix of the landing site.