HASP Flight # 643N

  • HarryM
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2013
      Any update on
      HASP Flight # 643N?

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2013
        Hi Harry et al,

        Haven't heard from Jack since Thursday PM on 40m, but from the
        fact that the CSBF site shows the HASP hasn't launched:

        http://towerfts.csbf.nasa.gov/Maps/ConvGps643N.htm

        and that Jack drove back home yesterday:

        http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FW7JLC-9&timerange=86400&tail=86400

        I'm guessing that there was another wx scrub (winds).

        73 de Mike W5VSI

        On 8/31/13 12:47 PM, HarryM wrote:

        > Any update on
        > HASP Flight # 643N?

      • HarryM
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2013
          RGR that!

          >> Haven't heard from Jack since Thursday
          PM on 40m, but from the
          fact that the CSBF site shows the HASP hasn't launched:

        • Jack Crabtree
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2013
            Sorry for the lack of communication. After Friday’s flight cancellation and two hours of sleep, I made the 600 mile trip home, made even longer by a complete stop of traffic on I-40 for over two hours.

            It was announced that there would be no attempt to fly on Saturday and Sunday and the outlook for Monday was bleak.  The next weather briefing is scheduled for Sunday at 1300 MDT.  Dr. Guzik is running a blog at http://laspace.lsu.edu/hasp/ and this is your best source of information. I will post more if I get anything that is not on the blog.

            Jack Crabtree
          • HarryM
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2013
              Thanks for the update & link Jack.
              Hope you get your needed rest.

              73 Harry KC5TRB
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2013
                Hi Jack,

                No blood, no foul. I'll betcha you were pretty fried after those long
                days and an even longer drive back home and that you caught up on
                some rare ZZZZs.

                Bummer about the scrubs. Ma Nature & her evil nephew Murphy are
                doing thier worst. We'll keep up with the latest.

                BTW, today is the Colo QSO party, and I've been working casually from
                home on 20 & 40 CW & SSB.

                73 de Mike W5VSI