Lost Near Spacecraft in Kansas

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2013
    The balloon I launched today for the KU Engineering Summer Camp stopped transmitting at burst. We launched a second balloon with this one. Taking that one as a model, it appears mine near spacecraft would have landed about 5 miles north of the US 59 highway 52 junction.

    Does anyone know of someone who flies around that area that could be on the look out for a yellow and black parachute?

    I'm attaching the maps of both flights so anyone can compare and see if they agree with my prediction.

    Both flights ascended at around 1,000 feet per minute. My balloon (KD4STH-7) burst at 90,000 feet and the KU balloon (KI4GKU-10) burst at 102,000 feet.