Re: [GPSL] Chase and Recovery Emblem [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
      Oughta have a parachute if it's about recovery. Make it look
      like the jawbone?
      73 de Mike W5VSI

      On 6/24/13 9:03 PM, L. Paul Verhage wrote:
      > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from L. Paul Verhage included below]
      >
      > I came up with a design for an emblem for chase and recovery teams. As
      > you can tell, I based it on the Jolly Roger flag.
      >
      > Good idea, bad idea, suggestions?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > --
      > Onwards and Upwards,
      > Paul
      >
      > Attachment(s) from L. Paul Verhage
      >
      > 1 of 1 Photo(s)
      >
      > chase and recovery.bmp
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GPSL/attachments/folder/1135316479/item/1853497785/view>
      > chase and recovery.bmp
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GPSL/attachments/folder/1135316479/item/1853497785/view>

    • BASE
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
        Paul,

        Our emblem uses the word "tracking" instead of "chase" for two reasons:

        1.  We know (or should know) where the payload is going.

        2. Chase may increase the concern of local law enforcement officials when our tracking speed exceeds the locally posted limit.

        Howard, KC9QBN