NSTAR 13-A photos

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2013
      Inline image 1

      Inline image 2
      Attached are a couple photos from today's flight.  My daughter Amy took the just-before-launch photo and the aerial one is from 100,000 ft.

      73 de Mark N9XTN

    • Pete Lilja
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2013
        That at altitude pic is stunning.  Do you know where the storms were a'brewing that can be seen?

        Pete

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2013
          It's a little hard to correlate what I'm seeing in the picture with the radar from that time.  I *think* the ones on the horizon are the storms near Sioux City in the attached radar depiction, and that the showers in the foreground are the ones over west-central Iowa.  That would also match the sun angle, which I think is almost directly behind the camera in this case.

          73 de Mark N9XTN

          Regional NEXRAD composite image

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 16, 2013
            That seems like a reasonable guess to me.  The scale of these high altitude pix is difficult to grasp.

            Pete

            On Sunday, June 16, 2013, Mark Conner wrote:
[...]

            Recent Activity:
              Yahoo! Groups